Applicants to hospital-based Clinical Practicum programs using the MTIMPM Match Process need to follow these steps:
- Read and follow MTIMPM information and instructions for printing, completing and submitting application materials to hospital-based programs between July 1 and September 15.
- Contact university advisor regarding
- curriculum and graduation requirements
- submitting transcripts, grades, recommendations and other documentation
- Complete and submit application materials to hospital-based program(s) of choice
- read the individual hospital directions at the bottom of the application and supply the requested items (i.e. essay)
- communicate with program director(s) regarding specific application process requirements and procedures, i.e. scheduling interview when contacted by program director
- insure that Fall course grades are submitted
- Contact university advisor IMMEDIATELY if asked to provide verbal or written confirmation that a hospital-based program will be placed as #1 on your preference form.
- Notify MTIMPM by e-mail or mail
- This is an ETHICS VIOLATION by the hospital-based program
- AFTER COMPLETING YOUR INTERVIEWS AT THE HOSPITALS, complete and Submit MTIMPM Match Process Forms & Fee ($10.00 payable to MTIMPM) by November 20th (postmark date). This form and fee should be submitted to your University Advisor (if you are in a Michigan University) by the deadline your advisor specifies. If you are an “independent student” applicant from out-of-state or from a non-participating university - you should mail your form directly to MTIMPM at 1140 Abbott Rd. #4054, East Lansing, MI 48826.
- on the Preference Form, LIST ALL hospital-based programs you are WILLING to attend. The more programs you are willing to attend, the greater the chance of securing a Clinical Practicum position.
- If you ACCEPT a Clinical Practicum position at a NON-PARTICIPATING program, contact MTIMPM and WITHDRAW from the MTIMPM Match Process.
- In mid-December, Programs notify (via e-mail) applicants of placement in a Clinical Practicum position. Within one week, follow the program’s instructions for confirming acceptance of the Clinical Practicum position.